Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own. Mummatalks.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
This simple flatbread recipe is very easy, using only 2 ingredients. No yeast, no water, and what’s even better is that you don’t have to wait for ages to get it done. This indeed sticks to its description, Easy 2-ingredient Flatbread which can be done under 10 minutes!
WHAT TO DO WITH FLATBREAD?
FLATBREAD WRAPS – enjoy it with your favorite fillings — vegetables like pepper, avocados, onion, cucumber, coriander/cilantro, tomatoes, cheese, hummus, and kebab meat!
FLATBREAD QUESADILLA – fill have of the flatbread with avocado, cheese, and beans and fold it in half. Cook both sides in a non-stick pan until golden brown.
GARLIC FLATBREAD – Using the same dough, make thicker flatbreads, about half an inch thickness. Mince 3 cloves of garlic and mix it with melted butter, grated cheese and parsley. Mix it all together and spread it on top of the flatbread. Cook in a 180C fan oven for 5 mins.
FLATBREAD PIZZA – Replace a regular pizza dough with this flatbread dough recipe. Top it up with pizza sauce and your favorite pizza toppings. To cook your flatbread pizza, grill it in the oven.
As promised, this recipe only uses two simple ingredients. They are self-raising flour and Greek yogurt. You can easily get these ingredients from your local stores.
Self-raising flour is the best for this recipe. You may use other types of flour as it might alter the texture.
When choosing a Greek yogurt, choose the one with lower fat content as it will better mix with the flour.
EASY 2-INGREDIENT FLATBREAD
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the self-raising flour and the yogurt. Mix them well. Use your hands to gently combine them and knead them and form a ball of dough.
- Once you achieve a smooth ball of dough, transfer it to a lightly floured kitchen surface. Press the dough to form a circle shape and divide it to 8-10 portions. If you want a bigger portion, divide it to 8.
- After dividing the dough into portions, work on each dough using a rolling pin. Roll each dough into a circular shape and repeat the process until you’ve rolled all portions.
- Use a non-stick pan and heat it up until it reaches a medium heat. Cook the flatbread one at a time for 1-2 minutes and flip it over to cook the other side. Repeat this step until all portions are cooked.
- Optional: Once cooked, spread butter on each flatbread and sprinkle some salt and parsley on top. Serve and enjoy!
ENJOYED THIS RECIPE?
Enjoyed this recipe? Try our other easy bread recipes below! Don’t forget to leave us a comment if you have questions. If you have tried this recipe, share your photos in the comments section too! Thank you!