Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own. Mummatalks.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Do you love bread? Do you always have to run to the shop whenever you need one for the day? Once you try making your own loaf, you wouldn’t want to buy the ready-made ones. This easy homemade bread loaf is very tasty, even better than the shop-bought ones.
I honestly used to buy those ready-made ones from the shops because it was very convenient. I was also quite intimidated to make bread before because I thought it was troublesome and difficult. Until last year, I started learning how to bake. In fact, this was the very first type that I learned to make, a bread loaf. Then later on I started making cakes and other bakes. I learned from my mother-in-law who gave me this recipe and since then, I have been making it at home and never bought a ready-made one from the shop. The family loves it, so I always make time to make one for the day. What’s even better is that when you make your own bread, you know all the ingredients and that you don’t put preservatives or additives in it that may harm your family’s health in the long run.
I am sure that you can make this too, as it is very easy. It might take about 2 hours in total to make because of proofing, but it’s worth it. And I guarantee you, once you have tried making your own bread at home, you will never want to get those ones from the shop again. This is cheaper, and even better if not best!
The ingredients are very simple, all you need to make this easy homemade bread loaf are bread flour, yeast, sugar, salt, warm water and olive oil.
I use instant yeast for this recipe as it is very quick to work on. For the bread flour, you can use white or wholemeal, or you can even use a combination of both. As a family, we all enjoy a combination of both.
Scroll down for the full recipe.
EASY HOMEMADE BREAD LOAF
- 500 grams bread flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pack instant yeast
- 300 ml warm water
- 25 ml olive oil
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Prepare your warm water. Make sure that it is not boiling hot water as it will kill the yeast. Add the water and oil into the dry mixture.
- Knead the dough using a mixer for at least 5 minutes. If not using a mixer, you may knead the dough using your hands for 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth.
- Let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- After an hour, knead the dough again for 3 minutes and mould it to the shape of the loaf tin. Move it to the loaf tin for a second rising.
- Once you’ve moved it to the loaf tin, let it rest for another 30 minutes to let it rise.
- Set the fan oven to 150C while waiting for the dough to proof.
- Bake the loaf for 25-30 minutes.
- Once cooked, let the bread cool down completely in a cooling tray before serving.